Sunday, May 2, 2010

Relationships...

Ugh...the service was great this morning, but also very challenging. It was about relationships and one thing that stood out to me is that you want to keep harmony in your relationships but that doesn't necessarily mean keeping the peace. I have always struggled with confrontation...I would rather just be miserable myself than confront someone who has hurt me. (unless I'm super close to that person...but even then it's very hard for me.) During the service this morning, a woman was brought to my mind. I don't have a very good relationship with this person and even though I'm certain she would never see this blog, I would never post her name. Anyway, I felt convicted because I haven't been praying for her like I should...or at all really. Pastor Dave said this morning that we need to pray and bless the ones who have hurt us, and that it is very hard to be upset with someone you're praying will be blessed. I realized that there are a lot of people I haven't prayed for...not just this one person, and I felt very convicted that I need to be praying for people every day. I made a list when I got home of those people that came to mind that I wanted to pray for everyday and stuck it in my Bible. Anyway...back to my main point...I know that sometimes you need to keep your mouth shut and try to let things slide, but sometimes you really need to talk it through to reach that point of harmony in your relationships. That is one of my biggest weaknesses, but I'm going to try hard to pray about it and to listen to the Lord about when I should or shouldn't talk things out with someone. This is going to be a struggle for me, but I can work on it and maybe someday it will be a strength of mine! You never know, right? :) Anyway...great message today!

Last week of school this week! YES! And...even more exciting...one week from tomorrow is when we get to see our baby on the ultrasound and hopefully find out if it is a he or she!! I can't wait to see that little miracle on the screen and feel even more like I am pregnant and there really is a baby in there! :) I'll let you guys know how it goes! :) You may have to wait a while to find out the gender, though, because we're leaving for Minnesota right after the ultrasound for the week! Suspenseful, right?! :) Have a great week!

2 comments:

Hess Family Memories said...

Nice post. Going to try this blog thing again myself. Changed the blog name though. :)

Loose Leaves said...

Hi so um, I now love not only blogging, but even designing the blog has been super fun...I finally have a cool background! I really appreciated your post from sunday! Sound like a great sermon, you know I am all for confronting;) and how true about praying for those we don't like!!! word sister!!