Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hardest Secret to Keep!

Well, I'm sure a lot of you have already seen on facebook that we are in fact having a little GIRL! I can't believe it! I have wanted a little girl since I WAS a little girl! I have high hopes that we will be close and when she is older we will be great friends! I also realize that girls can be a bit dramatic and she will be so much different than Elijah! I am ready for it, though! Sometimes I feel like I'm in a boy-dominated little world. AJ and Elijah are best buds and do all kinds of crazy boy things, so it will be refreshing to have another little girl in the house who I can cuddle with and dress cute and do her hair and paint her toenails and do girly things together! I feel like this is a dream come true, and I truly couldn't be any happier! It's kinda funny that I crave doing the girly things with her since I'm not that girly myself, but I have a feeling my girly side is going to come out more and more as we get closer to having this little one! AJ and Elijah are VERY excited we are having a little girl, too, so Aliyah will be very loved! :)

We found out on May 10 that it was a possibility that we were having a little girl, but her legs were crossed and the tech. could not get a perfect shot, so she had us come in a week later. AJ couldn't come with me the second time, and the whole morning my stomach was sick and I was so nervous! I think I had gotten it in my head that it was a girl and I was trying to convince myself that it could still be a boy! I really would have been happy either way. There are so many benefits of having both, so I was just trying to remind myself that I didn't care either way...but that's easier said than done when you have the thought in your head of who it might be! Anyway, the tech didn't say anything at first about the gender...just showed me the hands, feet, legs, head, and face. Then out of nowhere she said "Yes, I just cannot see any hint of a boy, and I see all girl parts!" I still wasn't sure if that was her telling me it was a girl or if she was just saying she couldn't see boy parts. So I didn't get excited yet. Then she showed me the three beautiful lines that show it's a girl and I saw them throughout the rest of the ultrasound. She said she had just wanted us to come back because she didn't want to say it was a girl JUST BECAUSE she didn't see boy parts. She did see girl parts but wanted just to make sure. She said "Congratulations! You're having a little girl!" I was sooooo happy!!!

I'm not sure if I shared this yet or not, but Elijah has been in LOVE with this baby since he saw the first ultrasound a couple weeks ago. He talks to her all the time now, he cuddles with her, he kisses her, and he hugs her. He calls her by name and it makes my heart so happy to know that he has already accepted the fact that there will be a new person in our family. When he talks about our family, it's not just Daddy, Mommy, and Elijah anymore. It's Daddy, Mommy, Elijah, and Baby! It's really sweet. When the tech. said it was a girl, Elijah jumped up on the bed with me and kissed my tummy and started talking to her! I think that was my favorite part of the day...even better than hearing "It's a girl!"

Anyway, we were able to tell my family last night. We had them over to our house and we showed them Elijah's Birthday video. They didn't know that the gender of the baby would be on there, so I was really excited for their reactions! It was the funniest thing in the world because when the last picture came up with Elijah holding a "It's a girl!!!" sign, the room was completely silent! I was like "did everyone just see that?!" I guess that it was an emotional video and my sister was trying not to cry! And then Emily realized she should be clapping or something, so she started clapping and I just had to laugh. Lesson learned...don't show an emotional video if you're expecting a jump up and down reaction! We had a fun night, though, and played games and hung out! :)

Check out the new poll at the side of my page! We are sure of the first name, but not so sure on the middle name! Thanks for voting before! Most of you were right! I voted boy because I was sure it was a boy! One other person was wrong, too, but the rest were right! So great job! :)

4 comments:

Hess Family Memories said...

Um, I was the other wrong person. :) Wanted a girl but like you kept thinking boy just in case! Was so excited it was a girl! I LOVE having a girl. Hailey is so much fun. More dramatic? Yeah... but so much fun and just such a neat difference between the two. Wouldn't trade either of my kids. Hailey was SOOOOOOOOO fun as a little tiny baby and now that we are getting through the preteen years she is a blast now too. We enjoy each other. :)

The Lantzes said...

How fun! Elijah is so cute!!!! Can't wait to meet her!

krissilugbill said...

i am so happy you are having a girl! your little baby girl is going to be so cute and her and Lila are going to be trouble when they are together, just like their mama's. i think it is so cute that lij is already so in love with her...what a great older bro he will be :) ahh, i am just so excited for you! i really like both middle names so its hard to say, i voted for grace cause i feel like it rolls off the tongue a little smother, but honestly they are both really cute!

Jessica said...

your video was adorable! what a great way to share it with family. :) congrats on the girl! lij will be a great big brother!