Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Happiest Little Boy I Know

Three years ago, at 410 am after 31 hours of labor and a little more than 2 hours of pushing, Elijah Abraham Maldonado came into this world! I have never seen anything more beautiful than that little boy when I saw him for the first time. He was perfect, and had his Daddy's nose. :) I fell in love immediately. I knew from the first moment that I held him that he was special and my life would never be the same.

As I have watched Elijah grow, I have seen his personality come out in different and new ways every day. He has become such a creative little guy. He plays with his toys and makes them talk to each other now, he draws things that actually resemble what he's trying to draw. He knows his ABC's and loves to sing and dance. He makes up stories and can now tell us exactly how he's feeling and why he's feeling that way! He is the funniest person I know. He can make me laugh so hard that I start crying on a daily basis! He loves Curious George and Dora. He likes to pick out his own clothes. His favorite thing to do is go to the "castle park" and play hide and seek. He is the happiest little boy I know and can make ANY situation fun! He is just becoming more and more independent every day.

When I look at Elijah, I sometimes just feel overwhelmed and awed that he is MY son and that I get to be a part of his life forever. I feel so lucky to have him and to hear him call me "Mommy" every day. I get to hear him say his prayers every night and hear him say "I love you, Mommy!" every day! I get to be the one he runs to when he gets hurt because he wants a kiss. I get to be the one to jump up and down with him whenever he is excited about something! I get to be the one to help him make up crazy songs or stories. I just am so lucky, and even though it is sometimes (or all the time) a lot of work being a mom, I LOVE it! I wouldn't trade a single day with him for anything else in the world. I feel like I have a purpose in life when I'm around him...like I was made just to be his mom or something. It's a great feeling, and I'm so thankful for him!

So, anyway, I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to my little stinks. He has brought more joy than I deserve to my life, and I'm excited to see him become a big brother this year and see the changes that will happen because of that in him! It's going to be a fun ride watching him grow every year! :) I love you, Lij!!!

5 comments:

The Lantzes said...

what a sweet post! Your a great mom! Happy birthdayElijah!

krissilugbill said...

oh my word...I LOVE THIS POST! you almost made me cry seriously. You can tell how in love with him you are and how much you love being a mom, and not just any mom, but HIS mom. He is such an amazing little mom...and I can't wait to be his MIL one day when he marries Lila :) So much of how cool Lij is can be contributed to you, oh and that aj guy too :) You are such a fun mom and i love how you act around lij and you can see how it has effected him in such a positive way!

krissilugbill said...

PS...Erin Ferguson has a blog you should follow too...

http://erinferguson.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

happy birthday elijah!!! greyson still talks about him as though he still sees him everyday. we will have to have lots of play dates this summer! you are a great mom for him and already for your new one yet to arrive!

krissilugbill said...

PSS...i am not longer doing the Scatterbrained blog, i was gonna do that one for pay per post, but it was just too much, i am gonna do the photography one for it instead :) haha if that isn't proof of how scatterbrained i am!