Tuesday, May 3, 2011

29...REALLY?!

Well, you guessed it...I'm 29 years old now! Seems so crazy to think about. I mean my next birthday will be my 30th birthday!

The night before my birthday AJ took me out on a date (thanks to Ross and Emily for watching our kids) and we were talking about how I really want to be healthy and fit by the time I'm 30. So, I asked AJ to really keep me accountable on exercising and eating right. I gave him permission to get in my face about it! (I tested him out once, too, and he did great!) So far since I've been 29 (3 days), I have ran every day and eaten healthy! My goal is to run every single day I am 29. Seems kinda crazy when you think about winter and everything, and the fact that you should have a rest day, but my plan is pretty simple. I am going to run as far as I can for 2 days, do sprints the 3rd day, run as far as I can the next 2 days, do sprints that 6th day and then sort of do the opposite thing on Sunday...I will start off with jogging for 5 minutes, then walk, then end with jogging 5 minutes. So I can say I ran every day, but it's still a rest day. I think it's a fun goal because so far I really have ran every day and I don't want to not run because I like saying I have ran every day I've been 29!

Also, I gave up pop for my 29th year of life. Those are just 2 goals that I am going to make right now. Later on if I lose weight and feel like taking on another challenge, I will. But I gotta start small!

In other news, my little girl is 7 months old today and my little boy is going to be 4 on the 18th! Where has the time gone?! I can remember as clear as if it was yesterday the summer I had Elijah. He was such a fun baby and we would walk everywhere in the summer together. Now he doesn't fit in the stroller anymore. But I have a pretty cute replacement! :) More about Elijah on his 4th birthday...I want to do a post dedicated to him, and I don't want to spoil anything! :)

Aliyah is crawling now (has been for close to a month), she loves sweet potatoes and squash, she is starting to pull up on things. She squeals with delight about anything that makes her happy! She loves her talking phone, her singing giraffe, and her doll from Lila. She is equally in love with her daddy and mommy, but Elijah is by far her favorite person in the world. He just walks in the room and she squeals and tries to scoot or crawl over to him as fast as she can! She also has gone MIA a few times and we have found her in her brother's room playing with his favorite toys. He now has a few toys just for her in her reach so that she will just grab those when she goes in there! Clever boy, huh? :) Her hair is getting longer and she is wearing some 6-9 month things now. Oh...and she has beautiful red toenails thanks to her mom. ;)

Alright...I gotta go clean and do laundry and pack for our trip to Massanutten this week! We are going to Emily's parent's timeshare condo! So fun! I think Elijah is more excited than anyone because he gets to spend a whole week with his best friend and cousin Hunter! :)

Until next time...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

29...man we are getting old! :) glad you had a great birthday! glad to see you updated. :)

krissilugbill said...

awe, first of all HAPPY BAY again! hope you got my message and I wish i could have been with you. I got you a little something but I still haven't sent it. ba. soon i will. Also, love your new blog design and the photo of the four of you at the top. I think Ali looks like you in that pic :) I like your new workout plan! running everyday and no soda...i prob should join you after I pop Liam out. :) I loved that the doll that Lila got Ali made the list :) Lila will feel special :)and i can NOT believe Elijah is going to be 4? what?! thats crazy. How fun that you guys are going on a trip. Can't wait to hear about it and see pics! love ya