Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let's Get Real

Alright, folks, I'm about to get really REAL with you. I have been overweight since I had Elijah. It's not getting better. After having Aliyah, I realized how important it is to set a good example for her and Elijah on how to be healthy. It is so hard for me to admit this publicly, but since it doesn't seem like that many people read this anyway, I guess it's not THAT big of a deal. I have 50 pounds to lose to be at my ideal weight.

Ugh...so there you have it. I need to lose a whopping 50 pounds! I have finally reached a point where I feel ready and willing to do the hard work to get there. Before I have always looked at how much I have to lose and it seems so overwhelming, so now I've set a goal that feels much more manageable for me. I want to lose 10 pounds every month. I think this will get harder when I only have like 20 pounds left to lose, but for the first 3 months, I think it's very doable.

When I think about losing 10 pounds a month, it feels less stressful than thinking about all 50 at the same time. Plus every month after I've reached my 10 pound goal, I'll be able to say Oh! I only have 40 pounds to lose now, 30 pounds to lose now, 20 pounds to lose now...and so on. So, here is how I'm planning on doing this. I'm going to work out 5 to 6 times a week, and I'm going to cut my calories to 1600 a day the first month, 1500 a day the second month, and down to 1200. It's gonna be crazy, but I think it'll be totally worth it in the end.

Alright, folks...I'll keep you updated on my triumphs and struggles! Wish me luck! Well...really pray for me if you think of it! I could use the extra strength! :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

oh vikki, you are not the only one who has weight to lose! i am going to get serious after i have this baby too. we'll have to work out together sometimes to keep us motivated! you can do it!!!!

The Lantzes said...

YOu can do it! I am so proud of you!

krissilugbill said...

Hello!!! i miss you! i have missed reading your blog. me and my computer are becoming friends again :) I love your new header by the way, what a cute photo! Ugg i just want to squeeze both of them! Okay so I totally feel you on this one, i mean i know i am preggo now, but after this baby i will for sure have 50lbs if not more to lose. so just know you re not alone. I think you have set some great goals for yourself. very realistic and doable and that is key. I will ask you how it is going from time to time. I know you can do it! and you will look HOT! i always think you are hot but even HOTTER!