Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Growing, growing, growing...

My 7 month old daughter is changing every day. She has learned to do a lot of new things in the last week! She pulls up on EVERYTHING now. She even moves from one thing to another by herself. Pretty impressive, if I do say so myself. She also learned to clap and any time she sits down, she just starts clapping. She is crawling really fast now and also says "dada" all the time! I don't think she knows really what it means, but if we say it, she'll repeat it. It's super cute.

I guess I'm totally out of practice when it comes to babyproofing because she has fallen a few times on things that maybe I should have gotten out of the way? I guess I just forgot how easily they tumble. Luckily we have Elijah because he usually lets me know what is too dangerous for her. ;) No...she's actually fine, but she is much more determined than Elijah ever was. I really do think she'll be walking before Elijah did.

I ran 3 miles yesterday! I started out that night just wanting to make it 1.5 miles because I actually had to stop running for a week to let my knee get better. It's all better now and I think because the last time I ran my knee hurt the whole time, I was like wow...I'm just gonna keep going! It felt great to be out there burning some calories and having some time to myself! I have lost 5 pounds so far, but I am really hoping to lose 45 more! Small steps...and I have given myself until my 30th birthday to do so, so it's less stressful.

I'm loving the weather and the sunshine! I feel so happy when the sun is out and I have the whole day ahead of me! My mom and dad have been driving a semi-truck for the last 3 years and my mom comes home for good this week! Then my dad will be home next week! I'm so excited to have them around again! It's gonna be a nice summer!

Have a great day! :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

love the update! you are blessed! :)

krissilugbill said...

i can't believe how old she is is getting! it is fun to read about what she is up to. I am so proud of you for running 3 miles! that is amazing. you will have to motivate and help me when i am home this summer.