Thursday, August 14, 2008

come home!!!!

i miss my husband. he's been gone for a week and a half and i really think it's about time he came home now. he is in wisconsin for training. i would say it's training for iraq, but now they're being told there's a good chance they'll be going to afghanistan instead. anyway...he comes home on the 24th. i can't wait! he calls me many times throughout the day, but usually i only talk to him for like 5 minutes at a time. last night we talked for an hour! it was so fun! i felt like we were dating again. when we first got home from iraq, a.j. lived in minneapolis, so we would talk for hours every night on the phone! it was nice to talk to him like that again. now that we're married it seems like we never really take the time to talk like that...just about silly stupid things for a long period of time...just the two of us. it was so nice! i want to make a point of having those conversations more often in person! i mean, we always talk about silly things that make us laugh, but usually we're doing other things while we're talking and sometimes it's just nice to be doing nothing together. you know??

when i went to sleep last night, i REALLY missed a.j. because whenever we go upstairs to go to bed, we always end up "fighting" with each other and laughing SO hard!! that's one of the things i'm gonna miss most about a.j. when he's gone...our fun "fights." our room is right next to elijah's so whenever we start laughing we always try to be quiet, which makes us laugh even more! did that ever happen to you when you were younger in church or in class? i remember stephanie and i used to always laugh about something during the sermon and then we'd have to hold in our laughter which made us laugh even harder. i love that!

anyway...i just really miss a.j. today. i want these 3 weeks to be over, but then i don't because after he gets home he only has 2 more drills before he leaves for iraq (or afghanistan), which means there's only 2 more months. ugh...it makes me sick every time i think about him leaving for a year. how am i gonna get through it? i know that God will help me through, don't get me wrong, but man...it just seems crazy overwhelming to think about.

7 comments:

latte_grande said...

Vikki, I love your new blog!! I'm so happy you and Nikki are on Blogger now! :) I'm adding you to my subscriptions so I don't miss any updates. Let me know if you need anything, or if you just want to come over and hang out! I miss you all the way over in Nappanee!

PS~Remember that we have a POOL!! Sort of. :)

scraphappy74 said...

Sorry you are going through something so sad. I know how you feel. Somehow though, it is getting a little better now that he is writing me letters. The letters show how much he loves me and keep me connected to him when not on the phone. I also enjoy the long talks I have with Mark. I think it's weird that I worried about our relationship. That seems far away now. I know I don't need to worry. It seems weird not to be able to talk to him on his birthday. :( You are right, God will get you through this and you will be stronger because or in spite of it. I wish I could make it better for you, but alas I can't even make it better for Nick, Hailey, or myself either!

The Lantzes said...

Oh, I am sorry AJ is away. I bet that is so hard. Cody was gone for a week and a half and I felt like an only parent and it was lonely and tiring and fun all at the same time. I will pray for you while he is gone. We should get together sometime. Do you know the house down the street from you on Locke that is being remodeled? My parents bought it and we just mentioned the idea that we might live in it when it is finished. It is just a thought right now but we could be neighbors and our boys could play!

Jessica said...

how fun that you got to talk for a long time. hopefully that happens more often. i've been thinking about you and hope all is well. let's hang out soon. you know you can come over anytime!! seriously!

scraphappy74 said...

You mean the one on the right, correct? I know, I can hardly wait to talk to him! I am glad AJ and Ross will be home next week too!

scraphappy74 said...

It made me teary too!

scraphappy74 said...

Hey, sorry you are sick again. I keep trying to leave a comment on facebook and it is acting weird. Anyhow, I get to pick Mark up in ELEVEN days!!! We will have a get-together Labor Day late afternoon/evening for anyone who can come. No biggee if people have plans, we understand.