Sunday, January 4, 2009

it's been a while...

wow...i can't believe how long it's been since i last posted. i feel like nothing exciting happens now that aj is in iraq! after aj left after his 4 day leave in december, my mom stayed with elijah and i for almost 2 weeks and that was really nice! it definitely helped with the transition of having aj in iraq. then for christmas i went to my sister-in-law emily's house for a few days, and that was really fun! elijah had a lot of fun with his cousin hunter. then for new years i went with nikki and her friends melissa to the indianapolis indoor water park hotel with our kids. that was really fun, too! so the holidays were good! and it's nice to know that they are out of the way and next time christmas comes around, aj will be home!

i am going back to school this semester! i'm really excited about it! i sign up for classes on tuesday! i am looking forward to having something to do during the day and even to getting some time away from elijah. i love the little stinker, but it's sometimes overwhelming being with him every second of every day! i know i should cherish that time, but i think going to school will help me cherish it even more! it'll be nice to be with adults for a while every day and to also go home and be excited to see elijah! plus, it'll be nice to feel really loved when he gets excited to see me every night!

i had a rough week this last week because i realized that aj hasn't even been in iraq for one month yet. it's so wierd to me that i won't see him for 7 more months and even after that he'll have to go back for a few more months. it seems like i won't make it to july...like it's just too hard! but at least i get to talk to him every day! that really helps. it has also made me feel so special because he has to wait in lines to talk to me every day, and sometimes he has to wait for an hour, and he'll do it more than once a day! it makes me feel like i really am so important to him. i knew i was, but this has made me really see how important i am to him...and how much of a priority i am! elijah loves talking to his daddy on the webcam. they play peek a boo and do funny faces back and forth, blow each other kisses, and wave hi and bye! it's fun to watch elijah get so excited about seeing his daddy!

anyway...that's about all that's happening right now. life seems a little boring...but i think it'll get more exciting when i start going to school. i think it'll really help the winter to go by pretty fast! and for some reason, i feel like if i can just get through this winter, it'll be downhill from there! doesn't winter seem to be the worst time of the year after christmas? i think so...you can do so much more when the weather is nicer, and it seems like the days just fly by then! i can't wait til aj's home!!! it'll be amazing! so...now starts the countdown! 7 months! woo!

5 comments:

Kristina said...

I was wondering how you did over Christmas break. For me it was a very nice distraction. Does AJ come home for R and R in July? That's when Steven's is planned. But we are one month down, only 11 more to go to they're finally home.:)
It seems like you get to talk to him a lot. That's so great. I know how great it is to hear his voice and it really makes me realize how much I miss him but so grateful to hear from him.
Good luck with school. I know you'll do great!:)

Jessica said...

that's awesome that aj will wait for hours just to talk to you! his love for you is so strong and nothing could every come between that! it was good seeing you yesterday and i hope your tests went well and that you get resgistered for classes today!

scraphappy74 said...

I love you! Glad you got classes figured out. I am excited for you. I will pray time starts flying for you. I agree winter is the WORST any year but especially this year.

Englund Family said...

Thanks for the comment! We are having a great time! It seems weird that we are FINALLY back together again. I started out walking towards Mike then people kept getting in the way and I wasn't having that so I picked it up a bit.:) Keep your spirits up! Before you know it, you and Elijah will be standing waiting for AJ!

latte_grande said...

I'm glad you were able to have some adventures over the holidays! Christmas in 2009 is going to be amazing! Love you! :)