Tuesday, December 2, 2008

furnace

well, our furnace went out last night. it was just the pilot light, so bruce and sue berkey stopped by and fixed it for me, but then it went out again an hour after they left, so i called lechlitner's in wakarusa and they came and fixed it. the guy who fixed it said that i might have to get it replaced because there may be a crack in it, and i asked him how much it would be and he said about 4500 dollars! i couldn't believe it. that's so expensive!!

anyway...i was thinking about it when i got home and just started crying...and i don't think it was really about the furnace as much as the fact that a.j. won't be here this year and if things like that happen, i'm going to have to decide what to do myself...and it just hit me that he's really gone. i mean, i get to see him this weekend but that's it. i am so happy to know he'll come back at the end of the year, but it's a little overwhelming sometimes thinking of running the house and taking care of elijah this whole year without him.

i was talking to emily when i started crying about it and i was telling her that i just can't believe a.j. is really leaving and that pretty soon he will be in kuwait and there's no guarantee how much i'll really get to talk to him then, and that's how i feel connected to him, and she just said God knows exactly what i need to get through this year and He will provide that. i'm just so glad she said that because it's so true. i can worry about whether i'll get to talk to a.j. every day or whether i'll need to get a new furnace or whether i'll be able to go back to school this next semester, but there's no point because God knows exactly what i need and He will provide it. isn't that so encouraging to know?!

anyway...i hear elijah playing when he's supposed to be taking a nap, so i better go check on him. i hope you all have a great week!

7 comments:

scraphappy74 said...

It is scary sometimes when you think about all that could happen while they are gone. Thankfully we serve a God who is bigger than ANYTHING we are going through. You will make it. It won't be easy, but you will. I love you and I believe in you and in AJ and in the power of three cords being unbreakable. God IS good. ALL the time, even when it seems we are walking in the valley or the desert. :)

Kristina said...

Has AJ left yet? How are you going to see him this weekend? Where exactly is he going, do you know? Steven leaves this Friday. I know what you mean about crying over the furnace. It's never over the actual item that you're crying over, it's always something bigger. Those little things just seem to set you off. As of now I'm not too heartbroken about Steven being gone but I know in a few weeks when I realize that he is really gone it will be sad. Especially since he's leaving right before Christmas. But I know I will make it through with God on my side. I completely agree with you that God knows what he's doing and if this wasn't the right thing,he wouldn't be doing it. He will always provide a way for us to make it through!

allison said...

I am not going to say that I know your going through but I can at least tell you that I will keep you in my prayers and that God will keep A.J. first and for most safe from any harm and danger, and that he will just put angels around him and his company and your house and your furnance! But, you know you have gotten to this point and you know that you can handle this, I just always think that God never gives more then we can handle and he knows that your heart is hurting but he knows that your marriage can survive this! But, I will keep you in my prayers my dear : )

The Lantzes said...

I almost called you tomake sure you were okay i sawa man leaving your house witha tool box.... well,come stay at our house if it happens again! I had fun hanging out the other day! Call us if you need Cody to look at something we will there asfast as it takes to throw on a coat and get to your house! I will totally watch Elijah somedays for you so you can go back to schooL!

Englund Family said...

I COMPLETELY know how you are feeling right now since we bought a house right before Mike left and have Madi this deployment. It is overwhelming at times but as everyone else has said God is in control and you get through it just fine! You become more confident as time goes on. Also, Mike has always had really good contact with me so I have no worries that you and A.J. won't be able to talk much. If nothing else you can e-mail him with what's going on and he should be able to reply. That is what I did and still do when we go through a period where there are a couple days that he can't call. You will be totally fine!!! I know we aren't close or anything but I'm definitely here for you if you want so please feel free to call me with anything. I'll send you my number on facebook.

scraphappy74 said...

Thanks, it feels great to be finished with school. I have Nick's tape to send to Mark. I totally forgot a camera or video camera at Hailey's. I know, it shocked me too. She did awesome though. You could tell she was comfortable up there and sang well and smiled the whole time and stuff. That's my baby girl! Um, a month IS forever when waiting for huge scores like the Praxis II!!!

ForSuchATimeAsThis said...

~Like Allison said, I can't say I know how you're feeling, but we will be praying for you. I'm glad you have Emily, and people like her that can remind you that God knows EXCACTLY what you need and He will provide, maybe not always the way you thought He would, but He will provide in His own way. Let us know if there is any way we can help!!~